Lately I've been sucking at balancing my meals. I don't know if it's the winter blues or just crazy work days, but I'm either stuffing my face with snacks all day or starving myself until I get home. So I decided to start making meal replacement smoothies at night to bring with me to work. I don't drink them everyday, but definitely during "workout days" since the protein powder we use (here) is a great post-workout (and a 10 lb bag lasts a long time!).
First off, I love my blender. We bought the Bella Blender at Target on Black Friday a couple years back and the best part about it is that it's single-serving so we each can pick our own ingredients. Each serving also fits in a Mason Jar perfectly so travel (even in the city) is super easy with its storage caps (found here).
My Smoothie Ingredients:
- Frozen fruit (with no added sugar or added ingredients)
- 1 scoop of Protein Powder (I prefer Vanilla, but your choice)
- Milk or Water (amount varies on your preferred consistency)
- 2-3 spoonfuls of plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of uncooked oatmeal (optional)
- OR 1/4 cup of raw spinach (also optional)
Blend & place in freezer (or fridge depending on when you plan to drink it) - & enjoy!
*Update - Post-Workout Smoothie recipe now added!